Now the darker nights are starting to set in we all start to crave more hearty dishes for dinner. We all want dishes to satisfy our cravings, but we don’t want the added calories, so we’re sharing our chicken lentil recipe, which is both filling and very nutritious and of course perfect for meal prep!
1 x red or white onion
1 x garlic clove
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 x courgettes chopped
3 x carrots thinly chopped
2 x tbsp. paprika
2 x celery sticks chopped
1 x red pepper chopped
Lentils x 450g
Diced chicken x 350g
300ml veg stock
1. Heat the chopped garlic, onion and tbsp. olive oil of olive oil until the onion brown.
2. Brown the chicken in a pan and simmer until tender.
3. Add in the chopped courgettes and carrots and stir in the 2 tbsp of paprika.
4. Add in the 300ml chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the chopped chicken, celery, red pepper and the lentils (we love Merchants Tomatoey French Puy & Green Lentils, but any lentils will taste great) and leave to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.