Many of us think building muscle is all about lifting as many heavy weights as possible and eating as much protein as possible until we’re full to the brim. When you dig deeper, this isn’t the healthiest way to get results and achieve muscle gain. We have rounded up the top 5 essential diet and exercise recommendations to help you gain muscle the right way:
- Do exercise which works seven muscles at the same time.
- Increase exercise frequency with a mixture of weights and HIT to help you burn for longer.
- Recovery, it’s always important for the body to recover from the stress of exercising & damaged tissue to rebuild.
- Eat more of the right foods - think lean chicken and turkey.
- Protein consumption from healthy food options and healthy drinks with good quality protein for muscle building and supporting muscle repair (1 gram of protein per pound of body weight/2.2 grams per KG of body weight).
We stock a variety of lean protein products and good quality protein powders to help you support your protein diet to build muscle: